Effective discipleship of Christian believers is often neglected by churches. This course encourages the student to foster a culture of discipleship in their own ministry context. There are several definitions of discipleship which ought to be carefully examined to assist in developing a solid Biblical Theology of discipleship. Although the Apostle Paul does not mention the word, ‘discipleship’ it is evident that it is nevertheless an essential theme in his New Testament writings. This course will assist you in applying the practice of discipleship for your own context in ministry.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Critically discuss various definitions of discipleship.
- Present a Biblical Theology of discipleship.
- Synthesize a theology of discipleship with the Pauline epistles.
- Present a contextualized application of discipleship.
- Apply concepts regarding discipleship to practical ministry and/or missions.