SATS Gears for Growth in 2017
The start of this year has seen an unprecedented increase in enrolments in SATS programmes.
GEARING FOR GROWTH IN 2017
In January alone, we welcomed 68% more students than in any other month in our 20-year history. This growth we attribute to a number of factors:
- A continued, uncompromising emphasis on our foundational principles, Bible-based, Christ-centred, Spirit-led;
- A growing local and international recognition of our excellence in academic quality and service delivery;
- A global trend which sees liberal theological institutions shrinking, while those with a strong Biblical emphasis are growing;
- Our fees, which are considerably lower than the international norm; and
- Greater public awareness of the value of studying at a nationally accredited institution.
God continues to have His hand of favour upon us, for which we are truly grateful.PHD SCHOLARSHIP ON ANCESTOR WORSHIP
The African worldview is community-conscious and places the living and the dead in the same community. It is in this community that the elders, whom we love and respect, assume a mediatory role between God and the living, after death. How is this understanding expressed in contemporary Christian communities? How do those who are raised within this worldview, but who hold to Jesus as the only mediator, respond to this challenge from a biblical, evangelical perspective?
SATS is offering a full sponsorship for a PhD programme focusing on a key aspect of ancestor worship in the African context. Applicants are invited to submit a proposal of about 500 words in which they provide more detail about the following:
- Research focus and possible title
- The importance of such a study
- Primary research field and primary research method
More detail about the project and the application process can be obtained from Marilyn Schott, postgraduate registrar of SATS, at [email protected]. The deadline for applications is Monday 20 March 2017.
VACANCY: Partnering with SATS Registrar
SATS has forged a number of partners around the world and a vacancy currently exists for a Partnering with SATS Registrar, which is a senior position in the institution. To qualify for this position you need to be a dynamic, born-again believer, have an appropriate degree plus the necessary experience. You will also be required to reside in Johannesburg. The job description is as follows:
- Field enquiries from potential and existing partnering with SATS.
- Oversee the administrative functioning of partnering with SATS.
- Control the finances of partnering with SATS.
- Manage the curricula of partnering with SATS and their students.
- Maintain contact and communication with partnering with SATS.
- Manage the certification process for students in partnering with SATS.
- Any other duties associated with the nature of this position, which are assigned by the Principal.
If you feel God leading you in this direction, please send a copy of your CV to [email protected] by the closing date, namely Monday 20 February 2017.SATS REWARDED FOR FINANCIAL EXCELLENCE
SATS has received the Certificate of Financial Operational Effectiveness and Accountability awarded by the International Council on Higher Education (ICHE) – the first institution of higher learning in the world to have done so. To achieve this, we were subjected to a panel visit by a team of financial experts, who carefully scrutinised our financial systems and reviewed all documented accounting, financial and budgeting policies and procedures, and compared them to international best practice. Those enrolling or partnering with SATS can therefore be assured of our financial integrity and exemplary practice.
REVIEWING OUR YOUTH MINISTRY COURSE MATERIAL
SATS is currently reviewing its course material on Youth Ministry with the aim of strengthening it from a theological perspective. In so doing we aim to bring the family and the Sunday School/Church curriculum into greater alignment to ensure that it is Bible-based, Christ-centered and Spirit-led as well as relevant to the context in which our young people and students find themselves today.
For more on our youth ministry review process and our perspectives on the needs of young people today within the context of spiritual formation, have a look at our latest blog post.SATS SIGNS UP TO EBSCO DIGITAL LIBRARY RESOURCES
In addition to our excellent physical and digital library, which is growing daily, SATS’ students now also have direct access to our extensive online library through EBSCO, which has over 177 000 eBook titles alone, as well as a vast number of general academic and specific religious journals. This world class facility is available to all our students, and is included in their tuition fees, boosting the quality and online support of SATS’ courses as a whole.