Examines the nature, purpose, organisation, and ordinances of the Church. It also surveys the important aspects of church life, together with exploring various other views of the Church and its structures.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain core biblical teachings about the nature of the church.
- Evaluate the way churches operate in the light of the Bible’s teaching about the purpose of the church.
- Critically evaluate various Christian views regarding models of church government, leadership offices in the church and the role of women in ministry.
- Express convictions about the meaning of the rites of baptism and the Lord’s Supper based critical, biblical evaluation of a variety of Christian views.
- Demonstrate understanding of your local church (her History, her Purpose, her Opinion on the Sufficiency and the Authority of Scriptures, her Ministries, her beliefs and her statement of faith).