This course provides an overview of the twelve Old Testament books from Joshua to Esther. This preliminary study of the Old Testament aims to introduce themes, purposes, and historical background to the historical books.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to interpret narrative texts soundly.
- Express informed convictions regarding introductory issues (e.g., author, date, purpose, unity).
- Demonstrate familiarity with the content of each of the historical books.
- Correctly interpret specific teachings and events in the life and ministry of Jesus Christ.
- Explain the theological purpose and perspective of individual historical books.